Store InventoryAdding inventory from the Inventory tab is strictly for adding store owned inventory. Consignment inventory should be entered on the Consignment tab.
To enter store inventory into SimpleConsign, click the "Add Inventory" button.
If you've entered the same item in the past, you can search for it by entering part of it's name in the search bar and then pressing the "Enter" key.
When you find the item you are looking for, click on it and then you can click "Found My Item" to add additional quantities to the selected item's SKU. Otherwise, you can click "Add Similar Item" which will take the details from the selected item to create a new item. If you choose this option, you will also be able to change the details about the new item.
If you are entering an item that you have not entered in the past, click the green plus sign to add a new blank item.
Fill in the field with the appropriate information. The category you choose for the item will determine the subfields you will get to fill in(i.e. Brand, Color, Size vs. Author, ISBN, Published Year). For more information on this, please see the Category Settings section of this guide. You may also choose the category all the items in the batch will go into by choosing it from the "Default Category" dropdown toward the top right section of the screen.
- Category - How you will categorize your items
- Used - To specify whether the item is new or used
- Cost - The price the store paid for the item
- Retail - The price you are listing the item for
- Extra Information - Added information you may want to enter about the item that you don't want to print on the tag or receipt
- Vendor - A distributor you may have purchased the item from
- Copy - Will make a carbon copy of an item that will be given its own SKU
- Remove - Will delete the specified item from the Add Store Inventory screen
After you've filled out the item's details, you can add more items by doing another search as outlined above or by clicking on the green plus sign. Click "Done" when you are finished entering all of your items. If you'd like to print labels for all the items you've just entered, check the "Print All" checkbox by the "Done" button before you click "Done."